areas of expertise
- Orthodontics, craniofacial orthodontics
- Temporo-Mandibular Joint Disorders and Orofacial Pain
- Dental Sleep Medicine
- Eastman Dental-University of Rochester, NY., Residency in Orthodontics
- Eastman Dental-University of Rochester, NY., Residency in Temporo-Mandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain
- University of Connecticut., Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Orthodontics
Dr. Rene Yabar
Rene Yabar, D.D.S, was born and raised in Peru and received his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree and first Certificate in Orthodontics from Cayetano Heredia Peruvian University. Wishing to continue his studies, Dr. Yabar moved to Farmington, CT where he completed a Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Orthodontics. From there, he obtained his certificates in Orthodontics and Temporo-Mandibular Disorders at the University of Rochester’s Eastman Institute for Oral Health. He has also completed a mini-residency in dental sleep medicine at UCLA and has been active in the treatment of children and adults who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea.
Dr. Yabar is part of the clinical panel at the Craniofacial Anomalies Center in Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital-Stanford, where he see patients with craniofacial abnormalities and treats them at Image Orthodontics. Dr. Yabar has proudly been practicing Orthodontics in the Bay Area Since 2007.